How digital marketing can help small businesses
It is shocking to say that 82% of shoppers have used ‘near me’ searches to find retailers.
42% of people who shop in stores search for information online using their smartphones. The top two places to explore include a search engine (64%) and a retailer’s website or app (46%).
The above statistics indicate that the impact of digital marketing is ever-increasing.
In this article, I will discuss how digital marketing can help small businesses to help drive profits and improve the customer experience for your retail business.
Here’s what I’ll cover:
1. Importance of digital marketing for small business
2. why should you have a digital marketing strategy?
3. How can digital marketing help you?
4. How social media help you to grow your business?
Importance of digital marketing for small businesses
Digital marketing is currently an affordable, highly effective marketing tool. You can target your audience with more accuracy so that you get more ROI for your efforts.
Digital marketing has scheduling tools that allow you to plot your posts and content without being in front of your computer monitor.
It helps small businesses to invest time & money in other aspects of the company. With more time, their time can be wisely used to devise better strategies to attract more and more customers across the country (or across the continent).
Why should you have a digital marketing strategy?
In 2021, 2.14 billion people across the world are expected to make online purchases. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, digital presence has also become necessary.
You know, Before visiting the store, most buyers research online products.
According to a study, 82% of shoppers read a product’s review before making an in-store purchase.
Digital marketing has a significant impact on people’s interactions, habits, and lifestyles.
Let’s see how: –
- With the increasing use of the internet, the number of peoples is going online day by day. As of 2019, an estimated 3.03 billion people (half of the world’s population) are on social media to some extent.
- Search Engines drive around 93% of all website traffic.
- 82% of people use their mobile to search online before deciding to buy from a store.
- If the name is given more than once during their search, 50% of the customers are attracted to a particular brand.
The above statistics indicate that the impact of digital marketing is constantly increasing.
But, before we proceed, let’s look at how digital marketing can help you for small businesses.
How can digital marketing help you?
- To attract new customers
- to promote brand
- increase online visibility
- to increase lead of products
- to solving queries of your customers
- to increase customer engagement
- to stay up to date with trending what is going on in the market
- to increase business growth
- to improve customer experience
- to enhance marketing appeal
- to run ads of your product by targeting the correct audience
- to build a long-lasting customer relationship
- give fast result as compared to traditional marketing
- It provides an accurate effect that helps you to evaluate performance & assist you in marketing decisions.
- Encourage online users to take action ( buy )
Looking at the above list of reasons, you can understand how it is essential in 2021.
For manufacturers – Digital marketing is relatively inexpensive, so it’s easy for manufacturers to test different strategies to see what’s best to reach their audience while using your marketing budget the most.
Powerful digital marketing Statistics for business ( 2021 )
- 87% of shoppers start looking for products to buy online. Eighty Seventy. Not being a part of it is a vast market and the most significant reason you should invest in digital marketing.
- According to a Google study, 3 out of 4 shoppers looking for local information on google are more likely to visit the store.
- As research has shown, 98% of sales representatives with more than 5,000 LinkedIn connections find it easy to achieve their quota.
How social media play vital role to grow your business
Facebook is the largest platform, has two billion-plus active users, and the site is ideal for businesses that want to generate leads & build relationships.
You can share your product’s reviews, news, updates about developments on Facebook. You can also use features like live broadcasting to boost conversion.
There are over 500 million active daily users on Instagram so far, and it is still growing
these platforms also allow you to share videos, photos, etc.
Make sure you’re using relevant hashtags & that you’re using Shopping features whenever possible to tag products and increase in-app purchases.
The photo-sharing site is an excellent platform for businesses with visual appeal. Pinterest is best for restaurants, fashion, art, travel & weddings.
It’s great for increasing sales as the site has many users planning purchases. Let’s see.
Using the Promoted Pins system can help you create targeted campaigns for users searching for similar products and browsing but fit your target demographics.
Linkedin is a powerful platform for businesses to create trust and build authority. You can create a company page, group of your business.
The heart of LinkedIn is making connections. This the most basic way to reach out to potential new leads. Creating a LinkedIn group is a great way to build leads for your business.
It is mainly used by B2B & B2C businesses.
Using the proper digital marketing techniques, tools and strategies, even a small business can grow on a digital platform. Small businesses have more opportunities to take their business to the next level.
If business owners don’t know how to set up a digital marketing campaign, they hire a digital marketing agency.
These organizations help businesses move online on a limited budget and promise the best performance for their business.
So what are you waiting for?
Are you ready to grow your business with digital marketing?
Want to be top in your field?
Then contact us today right now!